Q.1 The Supreme Court of India is different from its counterpart in the USA
A) In its role as the guardian of the Constitution
B) In its advisory role
C) In its role as the Supreme authority in the judicial field in the country
D) In its writ jurisdiction
Q.2 Which of the following are common features associated with federalism of India & USA?
1. Mention of the concurrent list in the constitution
2. Written constitutions
3. Division of powers between the centre and the states
4. Residuary powers lie with the states
A) 2 & 3
D) All are correct
Q.3 Which of the following are envisaged by the right against exploitation in the constitution of India?
1. Prohibition of traffic in human beings and forced labour
2. Abolition of untouchability
3. Protection of the interests of the minorities
4. Prohibition of employment of children in factories and mines
D) 1 & 4
Q.4 Which of the following are matters on which a constitutional amendment is possible only with the ratification of the legislatures of not less than one-half of the states?
1. Election of the President
2. Representation of states in Parliament
3. Any of the lists in the seventh Schedule
4. Abolition of the Legislative Council of a state
D) 1 & 4
Q.5 Which of the following are the features of Indian federal system?
1. Divisions of powers between the centre and the units
2. Residuary powers vested with the centre
3. Existence of the nominal and real executive
A) 1,2 & 3
B) 1 & 2
C) 1 & 3
D) 2 & 3